Thursday 24 October 2013

Acetate Honeycomb Structures...

 
As I was impressed with the paper beehive experiments, I wanted to play a little bit further with pattern and material choices whilst maintaining the same honeycomb structure. Because I would like my final design proposals/ideas to contain an element of light, shadows seem appropriate to begin looking at also and at the minute I like focusing and playing around with the idea of shadows and patterns and how they are reflected across a room. As a starting point, I began focusing on using acetate because it allows light to pass through it. I started by digitally printing onto acetate, using patterns that I have already found and looked at from nature. Starting with the honeycomb shape because it has proven well to work with before, I began cutting, slicing, making indents and folding to produce these. I like working with the honeycomb form because for it to form right, order and particular sizes, cuts and measurements are needed. I like working precise to produce something specific and perfect. This brings order in my work and chaos if it does not work properly.



No comments:

Post a Comment