Tuesday 22 October 2013

Yasuaki Onishi; 'Vertical Emptiness', a Crystallized Forest...


Yasuaki Onishi; ‘Vertical Emptiness’ Crystallized Forest
I was stunned to see these images I find it innocently beautiful. It reminds me of a place a child would dream off, something fairy-tale. It is beautifully portrayed and it was all made from hundreds of hanging layers of hot melted glue that hung from upside down tree branches, it was then coated in urea. This clearly demonstrates the mix of nature and man-made but in this case the man-made interference improves on nature. This crystallized forest has a clear connection with the environment. There are also scattered leaves and snowflakes dotted about chaotically. I find it amazing how something so large, unique and fragile was created by simply draping hot glue over upside down branches. I would love to go and see this. Just to see whether it feels like a fairy-tale to walk next to it or through it.



No comments:

Post a Comment