Monday 20 January 2014

Composition...

I found out about Soo Sunny Park through our PE presentations when someone else used her as part of their inspiration. I think Park's work was of particular interest to me because her work dominates a space, it fills a space with a striking presence and this is what I want my piece to entail, I want my work to dominate the space it is situated in. Park's work also seems geometrically motivated; her work contains many geometric forms that have detail precision within its structure, structures that are to a very large scale. I have been working with precision, structure and geometric shapes from the beginning of this project in small scale and now I have figured out where my context will work towards (gallery situated), I want to proceed with experimental work on a larger scale, whether working in multiples or singular (to be joined later on in construction). I have also been working from one sheet of acetate, to create and work on a larger scale, each side of a geometric shape could be created from one sheet, then attached together on construction to form a certain structure.
 

Park's work has inspired me to work much more loosely when forming a structure. I played around with some hexagon laser cut shapes that I then attached my drawings of natural forms onto; they produced looser structures that did not resemble any geometric form previously created. The images below show changes within precision and composition as there is not any specifics, this experimental work does not seem fitting with my theme of 'order and chaos', but taking this direction into consideration has made me aware of working bigger on construction with technical precisions being deeply thought about beforehand.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment