Monday 20 January 2014

My Presentation...

My Presentation Review

When it comes to presentations and speaking out load in front of a group of people, I immediately begin to panic and this PE presentation was no different. As I was extremely nervous, I wanted to go in as confident as I possibly could so I rehearsed what I was going to discuss frequently the week before hand. I recorded myself a couple of times and listened to it back, it did help me to realise where I was lacking confidence and where I had little to talk about in reference to the images I had selected for the PowerPoint, I made all relevant changes. I also created trigger cards for self-reassurance in case I began to stutter or lose track of where I was up to. However, I think as I had major notes on the back of my trigger cards they became a distraction when delivering my presentation. I became more focused on reading what I had previously written rather than speaking to the audience directly, I noticed this negative a third way through the presentation, after I had noticed this I put the cards to the side and began focusing on what was on the screen and what I was discussing began to flow easier. Looking directly at the audience made me nervous so I did focus my attention more onto the screen than the audience, this is where my presentation could greatly be improved. At the end of my presentation, I felt as though I had literally ran back to my seat instead of standing firm and answering the questions put forward for me at the front. I was asked a couple of questions once I had sat down, I became more confident in answering them because I was sat down and it felt less formal. Presentations are my weakest area but preparing for them in more depth did help in general. I have been given good feedback from the presentation, I was told that I am able to clearly outline what has been going wrong in my practice, I spoke clearly and that I had good visuals which I was really impressed with.




No comments:

Post a Comment